Association of Employers of Slovenia is taking part in the European project MiC - Workplace support for caring masculinities, which is co-financed by the European Commission as part of the EaSI-PROGRESS program. The purpose of the project is the enforcement and expansion of models of good practices for the work and private life and an increase in caring activities by males.
The changes in the structure of employment and the increase in female involvement in the workforce have caused changes in the division of labor in the family setting and have strengthened the need for male involvement in care. Despite the above women still carry out most of the tasks related to care, in private as in professional life. As part of the project, we will be providing information about the imbalance between the sexes in coordinating the work and private responsibilities and try to increase the recognition of men's part and their involvement in caring activities in the broadest term.
As part of the project we will be pursuing the following goals:
- enforcement and expansion of models of good practices for work-life balance
- encouragement of company and working organization strategies which encourage caring responsibilities for men
- improvement of working conditions, with positive effects for workers and companies
As part of the project, we will perform the following activities:
- analyze of the selected companies and organizations
- organization of public events with key stakeholders (companies, employment organizations, syndicates)
- organization of seminars, workshops, training, and business breakfasts
- conduct a public campaign for the spread of the results on the national and European level
- produce a MiC guide
Web site: https://www.men-in-care.eu/
Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED)
Fundación 1 Mayo-Research institute related CCOO trade unión (F1M)
Verein für Männer- und Geschlechterthemen Steiermark (VMG)
European Network for the Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence (WWP)
Social Science Research Institute, University of Iceland (UI)
Reform – Resource Center for Men
Jagiellonian University (JU)
Zveza svobodnih sindikatov Slovenije (ZSSS)
Združenje delodajalcev Slovenije (ZDS)
With financial support from the European Union.